魏琛

WEICHEN

保存那些原本会消失的东西

TO PRESERVE WHAT WOULD OTHERWISE DISAPPEAR

ENTER

To preserve
what would otherwise disappear.

保存那些原本会消失的东西。

ARTIST STATEMENT

I do not paint to explain the world.

我并不是为了阐释世界而绘画。

I paint because some experiences disappear before language can hold them.

我绘画,是因为有些经历,在语言能够承载它们之前,就已经开始消逝。

A breath suspended between grief and relief.

那一刻停留在悲伤与释然之间的呼吸。

The silence that follows a profound change.

巨大改变之后留下的寂静。

The quiet weight that memory leaves within the body.

记忆在身体深处留下的无声重量。

These moments vanish almost as soon as they appear, yet they continue to shape who we become.

这些瞬间出现后便迅速消失,却持续塑造着我们最终成为的人。

Painting is my way of resisting that disappearance.

绘画,是我抵抗这种消逝的方式。

Each layer of color, every repeated gesture, every patiently accumulated surface becomes a place where fragile feelings are allowed to remain.

每一层颜色,每一次重复的动作,每一个被耐心积累的表面,都成为脆弱感受得以停留的地方。

I am not interested in illustrating events or offering explanations.

我并不试图描绘事件,也不提供解释。

What I seek is the invisible landscape beneath experience—the emotions we struggle to describe but instantly recognize when we encounter them.

我寻找的是经验之下那片不可见的风景——那些我们难以描述,却在遇见时立即能够感知的情绪。

A painting is not a story.

一幅画并不是一个故事。

It is a place where a feeling can continue to exist.

它是一个让感受继续存在的空间。

I believe art is not simply something we look at.

我相信艺术并不仅仅是被观看的对象。

It is something we enter.

它是一个我们进入其中的世界。

If someone stands before my work and rediscovers a feeling they thought had disappeared forever, then the painting has already fulfilled its purpose.

如果有人站在我的作品面前,重新找到一种曾以为已经永远消失的感受,那么这件作品已经完成了它存在的意义。

Every painting preserves what time cannot.

每一幅画,都保存着时间无法留下的东西。